Thursday, August 13, 2009

Going to the bookstore

A new painting. I got stuck on the owl theme. I think she is going to be Big Mama (yes, like from the Fox and the Hound). I am so excited and can't wait to get this book.


This book is by Amanda Soule, also author of Soulemama. I loved her first book.
It's a great book about connecting and playing as a family using everyday household items and the nature around us. I have had so much fun crafting with the kids and incorporating nature into our world as a result of this book. Here are a couple of pictures of some of the crafts we have done from the book.
Here is a birthday banner that we use for easy decorating for everyone's birthday.

(Somebody can't wait for little brother's b-day cake)
This was so much fun to watch. I read the book and Amanda talks about Beginning Embroidery with kids with a blunt needle and I had never thought to let Ella have some fun embroidering also. She loves it. We used her embroidery pieces to make rice bags (yes, just like bean bags but filled with rice). They still love playing with those and they are perfect for juggling with.
Here is Ella crafting away.
Here are some jammie pants I made using the book as a guide.
Many a gifts have been made from projects in the book.

I can't wait to go get my new book which hit bookshelves this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!