Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A big YUM!!!


RAW APPLE CAKE
I have made this a couple of times and every time I think I love it even more, if that is at all possible. This is similar to apple pie, which I love, but I think this has now pulled ahead in the running. It is also way easier than apple pie which is a big plus in my book. For some reason I just don't like making pie crusts, the cutting in the butter or using a food processor which is a big clean up, ugh, I will now stick to this cake. Oh, if you are not a big cake fan, I think you will be pleasantly surprised because I am not a cake fan either, with this being an exception.


preheat oven 350 degrees

*1 cup sugar
*1/2 cup butter or 1 stick
*2 eggs
*5-6 lg apples, peeled and diced

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy and pale yellow in a lg bowl. Add eggs-beat well. Stir in apples and let stand 15-30 min.
In another bowl mix:
*2 cups flour
*1/2 tsp salt
*2 tsps baking soda
*2 tsps cinnamon
*1 cup pecan or walnuts chopped

Add dry ingredients to apple mixture and stir by hand. Mixture will be thick. Spoon into a greased 13X9 pan. Bake @ 350 for about 45 minutes. Let cool and serve.

I like to serve it warm topped with vanilla ice cream. YUM!!
The next morning it is pretty yummy also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!