Monday, June 7, 2010

Coffee Filter Flowers

I have admired how my coffee maker kind of burns the edges of the coffee filters and have wondered what I could do them. I have finally found a way to admire it a little longer than the 10 seconds it takes to take out of the coffee maker and throw it in the trash.
I wasn't sure what I was going to do with all my flowers once I figured out I could easily make the filters into flowers. I started putting them in these little vases and containers I had way up on a shelf as a temporary place since the only time I really thought about them was every morning at around 6:15 AM when I am making my coffee and at this hour I'm not really able to think about much. When I decided to take a couple of pictures of them I pulled them down from the shelf and threw in the little suitcase since it was already on the table from my thrift store fun earlier in the day and I am happy with how this little combination turned out. I think I might leave them there for a while...I like it.
So here is how to make them. Dump the coffee grounds and rinse the filter.
This is a #4 filter by the way.
Gather up the end.
Stick in a small vase and let it dry. That easy.
These would probably be really pretty also if dyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!