Monday, April 4, 2011

The dancing pants...

 I  recently used a pattern for the little dress I made for Ella and it went pretty smooth.  I don't usually like using patterns for some reason, although I think that that is slowly changing.  One thing I don't like about patterns is having to cut the pattern out first, then cut the fabric out.  I know, that shouldn't be that big of a deal, but for some reason I just hate that part.  I guess if I were to use the same pattern multiple times, I wouldn't have that problem.  Oh well.  
So I made these new pants for Ella the way I often make clothes.  I block out a pattern from an article of clothing that I know fits well. 
I used this soft kind of stretchy fabric that I found at a rummage sale.  Then I blocked out a pair of skinny pants that fit Ella great.  I did change it up just a little.  I made the rise a little bit longer, didn't add belt loops and just placed elastic around the back waistband instead of making them adjustable.
 Apparently these pants are great for looking for bugs...
 dancing...
 twirling...
 spinning...
 practicing Tarzan moves...

and peeping on neighbors.
These pants came together fairly easily, although I did realize that blocking out the pants probably took longer than cutting out a pattern twice and I still don't have a pattern to go by when I am through.
I still like knowing that whatever I make will probably fit fairly well.

The only problem I had with these pants is I hemmed the back pocket the wrong way and then I couldn't find my seam ripper...I still haven't found it.  Who would have known that this fabric is incredible hard to rip a seam from without the seam ripper.  I finally just left it.  Can you see the difference in the two pockets?
It's the first thing I see when I look at these pants.

Maybe some day when I find my seam ripper I will fix them...

1 comment:

  1. i just broke my seam ripper! lol. and you did a great job! and i didnt notice the pockets until i read what had happened.. but it is a job well done!! she is such a cutie pie <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!