Ella and I were trying to think of a little gift we could give to her classmates that wasn't candy, easy to make and was fairly cheap.
I had been wanting to make a little something like this for the kids for road trips. It's small, the chalk hopefully won't get lost and the felt pouch works as an eraser.
I knew it was going to be easy
so this is the little Valentine's gift Ella and I made for her classmates.
1. GATHER SUPPLIES - yarn, wood slats ( I got mine from Michaels and they were only $2 for a pack of 6) it measure 7-1/8 x 2-3/4 x 3/16 in., felt, chalkboard paint, a paint brush, scissors and chalk.
2. PAINT wood slats with chalkboard paint - 2 coats and let dry.
3. CUT a 3X4 in. piece of felt.
4. CUT a small scoop out of one end of felt as shown.
5. CUT a piece of yarn about 15 inches long.
6. FOLD felt in half lengthwise. Loop yarn in half and stick in where you are going to sew at the top. SEW side and bottom close to edge making sure to sew over both pieces of yarn.
7. DRILL a small hole in any corner of wood slat and remove splinters.
8.PULL loop of yarn though hole.
9. FEED pouch through loop of yarn and pull tight.
10. PLACE 2 sticks of chalk in pouch.
GO GIVE SOME LOVE!!!