The last couple of days have been warm and sunny.
I'm feeling spring around the corner and a need to plant.
I mentioned a while about wanting to make cement pots. The pots were made but I didn't make them.
Andy kind of took over my project and made all of these pots for me.
He always laughs when I talk about anything on pinterest. He just doesn't get it. I have tried explaining. Nope, he doesn't agree that it's a brilliant site. Anyhow, I told him about these pots I was going to try to make. He kind of laughed and said they probably wouldn't work. We googled cement pots and found tons of sites about how to make them. He decided he would help me. We collected a bunch of different sized buckets and containers. Next thing I knew, he was making them...on his own. The project that I was going to do. The one he laughed at.
Pinterest is pretty awesome.
He keeps trying to say he got the info from googling it not from pinterest, but we all know we wouldn't have pots on our porch if I hadn't found it on pinterest.
Thanks babe, for making them!!
He bought a bag of concrete that costs about $6. Not quite sure exactly which one he used. It wasn't the cheapest. He had never used the type of concrete he bought, but he thought it might work better because it seemed like it wouldn't be as rocky as the cheapest bag of concrete.
He didn't really like the way it mixed up, but I think the pots came out great. After making them, he thought the cheapest bag would probably work also. Next time.
He used vegetable oil to oil up the containers and buckets to keep them from sticking to the concrete and for easy release. Some of them didn't get oiled enough because they were hard to remove afterwards. He also found that any little ridge in the container or bucket will make it difficult to remove. Only a couple did not work out because they broke when he was trying to remove the containers. So if you want to try this out, OIL UP!!
I really love how they turned out!
We need to make more.