Saturday, August 1, 2009

ABOUT ME

Welcome to my blog!!

My name is Melissa and I love to create.  Creating to me is forever changing and evolving.  I love a challenge and trying new things.  
Some of my favorite creative outlets: sewing, painting, photography, drawing, crocheting, blogging, and crafts with the kids.  

I love anything vintage, books, sunshine, thrift stores, traveling, nature, estate sales, handmade gifts, Mexican hot chocolate, fabric, warm sand between my toes, alfresco dining, camping, fall, clouds, candle-lit dinners, laughing, surfing, music, the ocean, porch swings, foreign land, journals, ice cream, exploring, fresh fruit, bonfires, the color green, gardens, french toast, soup, cameras, basil, spring time, tiramisu, quilts, hiking, and most importantly my Creator...just to name a few.

I am a wife to my BFF.  He really is.  We met when I was 16 and he was 18, just a couple of years ago ;)  He was my brother's friend, super cute, a surfer, a gentleman, and way different from any other boy I knew.  We went to Prom on our first date, skipped out after the dinner, and talked and talked for hours.  We were young, but I knew I had found something rare.  We dated, got married, traveled a ton, surfed, played, bought a house, fixed it up, adopted our first baby, Yoshi, and realized that maybe it was about time to have a kid.  I'm so thankful for all the years we had just to ourselves. 
I am a mama to my sweet yet mischievous Ella, and to my rough yet lovable Julian.  They are amazing...they really are, even on those rough days when there are tears, fighting and no naps. It has been fun for me to make things for me kiddos.  As they are getting older, I am excited to see their creativity and I love finding ways to be able to be creative with them.

Thanks for stopping by my little world!
I would love to get to know you.
xo, Melissa

3 comments:

  1. Your blog looks so cool! I found you through Emily's Embrace the Camera. I'm following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa-
    love the blog!! Seriously amazing crafts and photography. Andy already told me this, but you really are so very talented!
    Timmy and I loved meeting you and your beautiful family in Santa Catalina. Thank you for letting us share your holiday while we were there together!
    xx Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first visit and I love your blog! It's gorgeous! Do you sponsor swap?! Where can I find you info? My email is impossiblemom@yahoo.com {blog-Mither Nature Mama}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!