Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Silly Me

Sometimes I seriously make myself laugh.

Today is the day before Thanksgiving and I thought, "Hmmm, I better make something for Ella to wear tomorrow". I pulled out some fabric and was about to start sewing when I realized I did not have my sewing machine because I had lent it to a friend while we went on our trip. Not to worry, I would just start on a little no-sew sweater or something before I could retrieve my machine. Here is where I again am chuckling about my choice of sweaters to alter. I found this 18 month boy's sweater which Julian received as a hand-me-down and I don't think he ever wore. I think my thinking was that it could possible be one of those cute little cropped sweaters over a little dress.

So I cut it down the middle making a little cardigan, opened my trim box and went a little crazy hand stitching.
I don't know if it will make it for Thanksgiving but it was kind of therapeutic just hand-stitching something. Luckily it only took about half an hour. Next time I will put a little more thought into what I decide to alter.

Ella is so sweet. After I had her try it on, she told me she better take it off and put it in her box of special clothes that I am saving. She knows I only save items I really like or that has significant sentimental value. HA!
Well, I now have my machine and the kids are sleeping so I better get started on Ella's Thanksgiving dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!