Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Father's Day Gift Idea - part 2

Here is another idea for a gift that is a little more meaningful than a shirt or tie for Father's Day. (Wow, these pictures are really bad, but I really don't want to take them again, so I won't. I think you can still get the idea.) This one was for Andy from last year...again a lot of pictures and kind of scrap booked into a mini album.
What I love about this one is I asked Ella and Julian what they love about daddy. I wrote their answers down and incorporated them onto the pages. I had also set them up with some small pieces of paper I had already cut out in various sizes from card stock that kind of coordinated with the colors I was using. I asked them to draw pictures they wanted to give daddy and a lot of the pictures went along with their answers for why they loved daddy.
'I love when daddy takes me to the beach' Ella
'I love when daddy watches a movie with me' EllaI also wrote in what they said the pictures were. Again I tried to find pictures of Andy and the kids. I kind of laid out the comments and the pictures that went with each other.
This picture is 'a table with a drink for mama, me, dada, and Julian with curly straws in them,' as told by Ella. I think most of Julian's contribution to this book was looking so cute in the pictures.
'I love when daddy is home' Ella
'I love when daddy keeps Yoshi from licking me' Ella
'I love daddy because i just love him!' Ella
I love this picture.
Now I need to figure out what I am going to do this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!