Thursday, September 23, 2010

One of those days

Ella is still sick and we have been in isolation all week because there are some things we don't like to a nasty cough.
So today, after 6 days of a fever and a cough that is getting worse and not better, I decided it was probably time to see our favorite doctor, Dr. Akey, and get Ella started on some antibiotics. We had an 11:00 appointment, so that left us with plenty of time to hit an estate sale. Yeah!! The estate sale was total chaos. It literally looked like the whole house had been ransacked. Turned over furniture and boxes with household items and clothes strewn all over the place leaving little room to walk. The crowd was also a little disturbing, like sharks on a feeding frenzy. It was well worth it though, as I walked away with arms full and my total was a mere $5. Score!
After we left we stopped by a playground to burn a little time before the doctor's appointment. As we were on our way back to the car Julian found the one puddle in the whole park and slipped and fell in it. Wet and covered in mud, I tried my best to clean him up with some baby wipes. We hurried into the car so that we wouldn't be late to our appointment. En route Ella had a horrible cough attack and couldn't stop coughing...until she threw into a couple of napkins I had in the car. Those measly little napkins couldn't hold much and so the front of her pants suffered some damage. When we got to the doctor's office I did clean up number two for the day. As I was in the middle of that, I realized that the strap on my sandal had busted. What next? Thankfully we didn't have to wait long to be seen and Dr Akey was sweet and caring, as usual, and helped me forget about the previous events. It was just one of those days.
Pictured above is a little bath mitt I thought the kids would be able to make with me, but it turns out I pretty much made them myself. They helped a little with the machine sewing, but majority of the sewing ended up being hand stitched. I cut up an old towel and sewed it into a mitt. Then cut up felt pieces and stitched it on. Super quick and easy and they love using them in the bath.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, sounds like a horrible day. I'm so sorry. Hope Ella is feeling better real soon. You'll have to let me know when you go to one of the estate sales...I've never been to one, but you make them sound kinda neat (and a good deal)!


Thanks for stopping by!