Monday, October 4, 2010

Julian the sailor boy

I painted a picture of Ella a couple of months ago and I finally got around to painting a picture of Julian also. I found a little sailor hat that fits him perfectly a couple of weeks ago, but he wasn't too into it. Yesterday he decided he liked the hat and wore it all day. That was inspiration enough for me. The striped shirt seemed like a great idea but then when I finished I realized he looks a little like an inmate. Oh well. The little friend around his neck is supposed to be a lizard, but Julian insisted it was a frog. I agree, it does have some frog like qualities to it.
We will just call it a frizard.
I know this picture is horrible, but it is raining and the lighting is less than ideal. I ended up hanging the pictures on their doors. I also did a little tweeking on Ella's picture. I liked how Julian's eyes turned out, so I changed her's up a little.
Love when I can get a little project done.

2 comments:

  1. I like the creativity you have.The paintings are good .The inspiration you take from hat is really fabulous.thanks for sharing this experience.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!