Monday, November 22, 2010

Trying a little Dana

I had been wanting to make this circle skirt from a tutorial over on dana-made-it since the beginning of summer.  I love her blog and tutorials.  I am a total visual person and I love how she has a picture for each step.
This skirt was really easy...I just really wish I had a serger...this skirt would have been even easier.
I used the black 2" elastic for the waistband, but on her tutorial she shows how to dye the white elastic band...so fun...next skirt.
Best part, Ella LOVES the skirt. She had fun twirling around in it. 
This is so weird.  When I went back to the tutorial to get the link, I realized that in a couple of the pictures her little girl is wearing a circle skirt with a yellow sweater.  Ella had picked out what she wanted to wear with the skirt...weird.
Definitely will be making more of these.

2 comments:

  1. I love that skirt! I wish I had your clothes sewing abilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could totally do this one. The tutorial is super easy to follow and quick to make.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!