Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunshine Weekend

This weekend was filled with outdoor time enjoying the beautiful weather.
 
 Julian enjoyed the sunshine with his favorite new toy...his 'shooter gun'.  I found it for him a couple of weeks ago at an estate sale and thought it would be perfect for playing dress-up.  Little did I know it was going to become a favorite.  I tried hiding it in the garage for a while after I found it in his bed with him during a nap, but he found it this weekend.  Although I'm not a fan of guns it was pretty cute watching him trying to figure out how to carry it and ride his scooter.  As long as he only pretends to be shooting rats, I'm OK with him carrying it around.
 I'm pretty sure that's not the smartest place to carry a gun, but it worked for him.  This is one of my new favorite pictures.  It captures the interests and the contrast between a boy and a girl so beautifully.  Ella got to go to a pampering party for her cousin where she had her nails painted and little flower stickers on each nail.
 She loved it.  Since the party, I keep catching her staring at her nails and rubbing the flowers to make sure they don't fall off.
 She also spent the weekend pampering this little pup.  She had been asking for a small dog for so long and now I know why.  She just likes to carry him around.  Poor Yoshi is just too big to carry.
 Rearranging and cleaning out the back garage was on Andy's list of things to do.  Julian and Ella were there to help.
 When Ella put Red down long enough to run around, he continued with his endless game of keep away and tug-of-war with the rope with Yo.  What he is lacking in size he makes up for in speed.
Hope you found some sunshine to enjoy this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaa! I am really laughing hard at the pic of Julian with his shooter gun tucked away! He is awesome!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!