Monday, May 23, 2011

Easy New Table Topper


 I love the look of all those glass container planters you see everywhere so much and I knew if I searched hard enough around the house I would be able to make one of my own.
 I found a glass vase that hardly ever gets any use and I had the kids collect some gravel from our gravel path in our backyard.  The gravel helps the soil stay well drained so the plants won't get root rot...plus it looks pretty with the different layers.
 Next we bought a couple of the smallest succulents.
Lastly we borrowed a little bit of soil from one of our garden beds, planted the plants and we were done.  Oh, we did add a couple of smooth stones on top after this picture was taken.  I think I am going to be on the lookout for more glass containers.  It was so quick and easy.  After we made it, I realized I could have just clipped some pieces of succulents from the ones we have in our yard...next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!