Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Swiss Chard Recipe :: YUM!!


It's wet and cold today.  Ella still has a hard time going to school in the morning on some days.  Taking bunny with her helps.
See!  
She looked so cute decked out with her rain coat, umbrella and bunny I just had to take these pictures.
So now we can move on to a super yummy recipe.  When I planted my little garden I picked up Swiss Chard partly because the leaves are so pretty but also because I wanted to try new things.  Now my Swiss Chard is growing like crazy and needs to be used. 
I looked up a couple of recipes and kind of adapted my own super simple one from several different ones.

Wilted Chard

*Wash 7 -10 large Swiss Chard leaves thoroughly and do not dry.
*Coarsely Chop
*Season with salt to taste and toss with a little drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet.
*Cook stirring constantly over medium heat until wilted, about 5 minutes.
*In a small bowl whisk about 2-3 Tb olive oil 2 Tb lemon juice and ground black pepper to taste.
*Toss Swiss Chard with lemon dressing and serve warm.
YUM!!!

If you have never tried Swiss Chard before give it a try and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Melissa, i have used it in green smoothies, add some pineapple, mangoes, bananas and oj and it is heavenly. Or any other combination works too. I add a little more fruit to sweeten it for my kids to drink, but they do! Surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds yummy. I will have to try that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!