Monday, March 12, 2012

Collage

 I love collages of pictures on a wall.
I have found that what I love the most is a good mix of photographs and artwork.

I put this little collage together a while back and I think I might be changing it soon so I wanted to just get a few pictures of it before I change it.

here is what is in this collage starting from the top left and going clockwise...

ella playing at a beach in Barbados on a trip we took 5 years ago
a picture I painted a while back
a cat ella drew about a year ago...I love this drawing
a hot air balloon picture from a vintage book
julian hanging in the garage with andy when he was about 2 years old.
my mom's graduation picture wig and all...love it
andy and ella from pictures we had taken when I was pregnant with julian
ella in Barbados again
another hot air balloon
and the last one is hard to see but it's a picture of my dad when he was in the navy...love this one also.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Melissa that painting you made is absolutely gorgeous!! Clever you. I was struck by it immediately. Do you paint often? You should. Love your wall display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a long-time goal of mine to have collages like this in our home - thanks for the inspiration!

    xo
    cortnie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!