Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tomato Soup in a Bread Bowl

 bread bowls!!
this always reminds me of disneyland.  
i think i had my first bread bowl experience at disneyland.

 this is my favorite way to eat soup...scooping some of the bread from the inside with your bite, YUM!!
it doesn't get much better than that.
so here is a tomato soup i made last night to fill my bread bowl...

heat 1- Tbsp olive oil over medium heat
add 2-3 minced garlic cloves and 1/2 diced onion and cook until onion is translucent.

add 15-20 chopped tomatoes and a handful of basil chopped.
reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes.
add 1/4 cup cream.
blend in blender in batches or use an immersion blender.
add salt to taste.

ladle into your bread bowl and top with parmesan cheese crisp.
(to make parmesan cheese crisp place a small handful of parmesan cheese onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake until melted and slightly crispy)

ENJOY!!

3 comments:

  1. I think I had my first bread bowl experience at Disneyland too. Sooo yummy. This looks amazing and so much fun. What a neat and easy meal for when you have guests!

    - Sarah
    agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! this looks so yummy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could order take-out from you right now - I'm starving and haven't started dinner yet!!

    xo
    cortnie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!