Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Her thankful song

The other night at work, I cared for this amazing patient who was fighting breast cancer and she was having so many complications.  She had the best attitude and she was so thankful for everything.  I wasn't doing anything extraordinary, just my job, but she made me feel like I was.  She asked if she could sing me her thankful song and she just about brought me to tears. There I stood in a sterile hospital room with this beautiful strong woman going through so much pain and suffering singing to me, and I can't even put into words what an amazing gift she gave me.  
I want to spread that same gift to people around me.  Now I can't sing, but I want to show gratitude for anything and everything someone does for me.


  I want to live a life of gratitude because there really is so much to be grateful for.  I am blessed beyond belief and many days I don't live my life with that in mind...I want to.
So here is my list of what I am thankful for.  My list could be endless so here are just a few.


 My husband - we have been together almost half of my life and I can't imagine my life without him. Well most of the time. We drive each other crazy some days but through it all I think our love has grown stronger as we are challenged.  I am thankful for Andy's dedication to our family and working hard everyday to provide for us.  I love the little ways he shows love to the kids and myself.  

My kiddos - some days I sit back and look at my life and I can't believe that I am a mom to a seven and five year old.  I don't feel old enough, but here I am.  They are constantly challenging me to be a better person.  They have brought so much joy and love into our lives.  Almost everyday one of them will draw me a picture or write an 'I love you' note.  I get so many that sometimes I take it for granted, but I am thankful each and every little picture and note these guys make for me. 

My parents- they have been such a consistently good example to me.  They are so generous with their love, time and pretty much anything.  My parents are have shown unconditional love to each of us kids.  

Our home - it keeps us warm, safe and dry.  There are so many things I would love to change about our house, but I am so thankful that we have one and that it's a place for us to make memories in.  

Our health - I come across plenty of people who have serious health problems and I don't ever want to take it for granted.  I don't always take the best care of my body, but I should.  Just took my fish oil vitamin that I always forget to take, ha!

Ella's glasses - So thankful that we found out that Ella needed glasses and that she now has them.  A little more about that here.  So thankful!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!