Wednesday, May 8, 2013

where are your glasses?


 we are constantly asking Julian this.
the answer most of the time is 'I don't know".

right now we do know where they are.  they are at the vision center getting fixed for the third time since he has had glasses.  yikes, is this boy rough!!  I knew we would be utilizing the replacement guarantee with his glasses, I just didn't think it would be this often.
 ella and julian are very opposite in many ways.  julian is usually the really responsible one and keeps his things fairly organized.  ella is my packrat.  she can get her room messy quicker than anyone I know.  usually I am not laughing about it, but the other day she made me laugh so hard. she had just finished picking up all of her clothes that were strewn around her room. we did are little check together to make sure everything was in it's place and it was.  I had just finished giving her the lecture about how it only takes a few seconds longer to put things away in the right place the first time.  I walked out to grab something as she was changing into her jammies.  I walked back in and the clothes she had been wearing were thrown into the corner.  I couldn't believe it.  the funny part about the whole thing was the genuine look of disbelief in her eyes when I pointed them out.  I couldn't help but laugh.  we are really working on this.

I know she is more than capable because she is so responsible when it comes to her glasses.  i rarely have to remind her to put her glasses on in the morning or after swimming.  she knows where she keeps them and for the most part she is so careful with them.  
it has been such a breeze with her and her glasses.
not so much with this little mister.
he constantly takes them off and can't remember where he put them.  almost everyday when I pick him up from school they are not on.  
he usually giggles and says 'oops' when I ask him about them.

I think he just doesn't like having to wear them.  I don't blame him.  I think it is just going to take a little more time with him.  

he does say he can see better with them.  he has had a couple of headaches recently while his glasses have been getting fixed and I think he is realizing that he does need them.
as much as I love how he looks with his glasses, I sure do love seeing his little face without them.  
his glasses make him look so much older.  I'm just happy we learned early on that he needs them.

keep those glasses on, mister!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!