Friday, August 7, 2009

Tea Crazy

Iced tea + summer = perfect. We have been drinking tea by the gallons. Well almost. We are definitely beverage people, so when I found this easy way of making iced tea here , I was so excited about how easy it was. I gave it a try and now I can not stop myself. Like angry chicken we have also been trying many different flavor combos. My favorites right now are peppermint/green tea and peach passion/orange. Yes, I know very fruity but so good. The peppermint tastes a lot like TJ's peppermint iced tea.

So I usually put 4-5 tea bags in a mason jar, fill it with cold water and leave it in the fridge overnight. I actually have two mason jars going at all times. One has to be ready. Then here is where I threw my own spin on things.
I like to have one large pitcher already mixed up so I can easily just fill my glass and go. No I'm not really moving around that fast, but it feels like it sometimes...and I should be most of the time. Anyways, I pour the content from one jar after it has sat overnight or for the day and fill the rest of the pitcher with cold water. I add sugar. I am not sure how much. I seriously just do it to taste, so that it is lightly sweetened. My pitcher is probably 2 liters and I might add about 1/4 c sugar. I'm totally guessing. Stir and pour yourself a delicious glass of tea over some ice. Try it. You will be addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!