Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Stay Focused

This is what I have been telling myself all day. My mind has been jumping around from one idea to the next. Ever have those days?
The sky was on fire again this morning. I want to be a morning person. I want to wake up and just be ready to go. On rare days when I actually wake up in this state I feel like I have accomplished so much by 9 am. Unfortunately it takes a good hour or so before the frost starts to thaw and and the wheels start to turn.
This one sings the song of "I want you, mom" even while I am holding him for the first hour or so of every day. Okay, the song can go on for hours some days, especially when he is a little sick and his nose is running. See above. So today was one of those days...I know someday I will look back and wish he wanted his mama but today was not one of those days.
Now this sweet girl is who I should be focusing on. For those who know about her injury and have had sleepless nights concerned about her well-being, I am happy to report that we may have found a solution to our dilemma. Little Yoshi, or big Yoshi I should say, this dog weighs 60 lbs and let me tell ya that's a lot of weight to lift in and out of the car, tore her cruciate ligament in her knee about 6 wks ago and has been hobbling around on 3 legs. Sad. Very, very sad. Our initial estimate for the surgery was $4,300. Yikes!! But she is our pup, part of our family, right? Well, to some members of the family this was out of the question. So now after shopping around, lifting this sweet dog in and out of the car and in and out of the the car from vet to vet, I am happy to say I have found a place where the I feel comfortable with the facility, the surgeon and the price is significantly lower. YEAH!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed because this estimate stills sounds pretty steep to some, but I think everyone will come around and see it from my perspective.
Meanwhile I have started in on some of my goals for 2010. I think the cat lover in this family will love this one in her room.
Look at that sweet face. There is no getting around this surgery. She is our pup. Hee, hee. Blogging is fun.
I painted over a canvas previously painted on and left a little of the old showing. It kind of looks like old wallpaper to me. In this picture the old shows a little more than in the actual painting.
This day ended almost as beautifully as it had begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!