A train of elephants and some friends.
I made this soft little blanket for a friend's baby who will be arriving shortly.
I drew the little elephants and had planned on making them all the same size...well, sometimes mistakes end up better than the original plan. The 3 were too big, so I made the middle elephant a little smaller. I like it!
I used flannel so hopefully they won't fray too much. I machine stitched them on using a really small stitch just in case they do fray. Then I used a little zigzag stitch for the tails and eyes.
The little animals were really fun and easy to make. They are made out of fleece which I know won't fray. Yea!!
Here is how I made these little guys in 5 easy steps:
1. Cut out two pieces of fabric for each animal. I kind of winged it, but you could probably sketch the animals on a piece of paper then use it as a template. Cut them slightly bigger than you think you want them because they get a little smaller after you stuff them.
2. Hand stitch any eyes or ears that you may want on there.
3. Machine sew the two pieces together - wrong sides together leaving a small opening to stuff. The raw edges are exposed. No turning.
4. Stuff. I stuffed it just enough to puff it out a little.
5. Sew opening closed. DONE!!