Thursday, May 5, 2011

a new dress

 As I prepared for our trip and sorted through sweaters and jackets to get to summer dresses and skirts, I decided to do a little last minute sewing to make a couple of beach dresses for Ella...why am I always so last minute?..I think I just work better under pressure.  Anyhow, this is a little dress I made by blocking out a simple dress of Ella's and sizing it up a little because this girl is stretching.  I used some leftover T-shirt material for the binding around the armholes and neckline and I loved how easy it was to work with.

 Pockets are a necessity because these are guys are collectors...rocks, shells, leaves, bugs, sticks, flowers, bottle caps...they will find something to collect anywhere they are.





It seemed to work out just fine for drawing in sand, collecting shells, playing a game of toss with coconuts, resting on tires, and having a whole lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!